This price includes the following:
- Initial Free consultation (1 hour)
- Expert advice on drainage layout and costs
- Project management and council bookings
- Watercare application management, implementation and inspection bookings
- Traffic management applications and implementation
Council and traffic management application fees are charged additionally. The above does not include any services provided by Euro Plumbing. You architect / planner can advise on council consent processes and matters that do not entail drainage.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED PRIVATE AND WHATS PUBLIC DRAIANGE?
The quickest way to find out whether a drain is public or private is have a look on Auckland councils website and see if a drain has been declared public under section 462, or is included in councils records as an asset.
In many instances there is still some controversy as to where council will come to the party as far as costs are concerned if a drain needs to be fixed or altered in cases of flooding. We have had experiences where council has considered the private drain to be “private” right up to the public connection which can be outside your boundary to the middle of the road. Meaning as the owner of the property you are liable. This is why is very important to get your drains inspected before buying a property.
In Auckland there are two types of systems:
- The combined system which uses only one sewer to convey everything, Stormwater, waste water and solid and liquid excreta.
- The separate system which provides one sewer exclusively for stormwater, and another separate sewer for soil and waste water.