|Outdoor Installation Guidelines – Horizontal DischargeKey points that should be taken into consideration for heat pump replacement:|
- Distance from the application the heat pump services as any length of pipe installation will cause heat loss.
- Air circulation should be taken into consideration as a poorly placed heat pump that re-circulated the cold air expelled from the fan can cause unnecessarily high running costs and in some situations failure to attain the desired temperature.
- Prepare a level area with concrete pad or pavers for your specified unit
- Rubber pads (usually supplied with unit) should be placed under the heat pump feet
- The heat pump will produce water as moisture condensate forms on the evaporator coil. A drip tray or full size drain tray may be required to catch and pipe this water away.
- Heat pumps must be permanent hard wired by a certified electrician (services also offered by Euro Plumbing)
- Requires an isolation switch installed within reach of the heat pump location.
- Power supply cable must be suitably sized for the specific heat pump and its distance from the switchboard.
- The specified motor rated circuit breaker must be installed for the heat pump.