|If it runs on gas Euro Plumbing can install it, service it and repair it! All gas fitting installations must be installed in compliance with the relevant codes and standards. Make sure you ask your gas fitting installer for a relevant Gas fitting licence. Failure to do so risks the insurance cover of the building and places the installer in danger of censure by the plumbers, gas fitters, and drainlayers board, and also at risk of court action by the owner of the building in case of an insurance claim. The NZ building Act requires the certifying gas-fitter to self-certify their work and lodge a copy of the Energy Work certificate (PS3 and gas certificate) with the PGDB.|
|An appliance should be installed to meet the safety requirements of NZS 5262 “gas appliance safety” and 5601 part 1 and 2. Our residential gas fitting services include installation and servicing of the following:|
What do we look out for prior to installing your appliance?
A basic checklist can save our clients lots of hassle and cost prior to purchasing/commencing the gas appliance installation. Euro Plumbing try to come as prepared as possible to the installation.
- Check that the appliance is suitable for your requirements
- Check the energy safety service website to see is the appliance is approved for use in NZ
- Check that the appliance can be installed in the proposed location. (Is gas supply available? can flues be installed?)
- Check that the gas type is compatible for the appliance.
- Check the clearances to combustible surfaces.
- Check that the air for combustion and ventilation is available.
- Check that the access for maintenance can be achieved.
- Check that a power supply is available if the appliance requires power.
In most cases, with the above information we can establish what gas appliance is suitable without arranging for a site visit, saving you time and money and we always stand by what we quote you!